At times it is easy to put aside saving for the future, but the key to having success is having a solid plan.
Achieving financial security can most likely be achieved by following some basic guidelines:
- Start Immediately! If you start saving money early and save a little more each time, the more you’ll have
in your savings. You’ll start earning interest not only on what you save, but also on the dividends generated.
It keeps accumulating from there!
- Save What Is Possible For You. It doesn’t matter how much you start out saving, consistency is what is
essential. Even regular deposits of just $10 a paycheck can make a difference. Further down the line, you can
raise the amount to $15, $25 or more. Eventually, you’ll work up to getting a percentage that you are comfortable
with, which should put your savings in a great position.
- Have It Done Automatically. Get in the pattern of saving by having money transferred from your account
without your seeing it, in turn making you less likely to miss it. Automatic transfers can be set up with a
service representative in-branch, online or through the phone. You can also have your employer directly
deposit a certain amount into savings from your paycheck.
- Set A Plan For The Future. It’s never too late to get a head start on saving for the holidays and preparations
can start as early as today. By opening a Christmas Club savings account, you can begin setting money
aside for your holiday expenses. Secondary savings accounts can be used for other expenses or even a
- Take Advantage Of Special Rates. Although savings rates have been somewhat low recently, that doesn’t
mean there aren’t exceptions. Promotions, special rates or other bonuses are good to keep on your radar.
Taking these good deals into consideration could be beneficial in giving a little boost to your savings.
Ready to get on the road to saving?
Let us know how we can assist you. Houston Highway Credit Union has savings accounts, money market
accounts and more to help you meet your financial goals. Stop by the branch, call toll-free 1-800-354-3541
or use our quick and easy contact form.